Thursday, May 24, 2007

Quick Scissors Pouch and the Free Pattern

My grandmother gave me a bag saying it was perfect for a yarn bag. She was right. The only problem is that it does not have a pocket to hold the importants of crocheting like scissors and a hook. I decided to make a little holder, just large enough for my scissors and hook. Oh! And I’ll attach my scissors to the bag so I don't lose them, because I lose scissors all the time.

The whole thing took about an hour to make and attach.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The pin is what I use to keep my work for unraveling when I stop for the evening. It's the perfect place to store it.

Materials:
a bit of yarn, I used Red Heart Super Saver
H hook or whatever you are comfy with
8” of cardboard


For the holder:

row1
ch 11, sc in the second ch from the hook and each ch across, ch up 1 and turn

row2
skip the first stitch and sc in each stitch to the end ch up 1 and turn

row 3-?
repeat row 2 until you have it twice the length you want it.
Mine ended up being 10 inches.

fold the piece in half and sc the two edges together, down one side, across the bottom and up the other side.

For the handle:

ch 20, then slst the end of the chain onto the opposite side of the pouch, then hdc in each chain to the end, slst to finish.

I did the chain through the strap of my bag so it would not have the possibility of coming off.

To stop the scissors from poking through, I took an 8” long x 2.5” wide piece of cardboard, folded it in half and put it inside of the pouch. If you have got anything priority mail from the USPS, that is about the best thing you can use for it and you’re recycling to boot.

weave in all the ends.

For the scissors holder:

ch as long as you want it to be plus 6 inches. I chained for 28 inches. Loop 3 inches through one hole of your scissors the slst in each ch to the end and past a few. repeat the same thing on the handle of the bag.

weave in ends

If anyone makes one, I would love, love, love to see pictures. Comment or email me with any questions.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cool. That looks like something I might try.....thanks for sharing the pattern too.

Anonymous said...

I love this but I have another idea for it. I have to take a pill at noon every day and I am constantly losing my pill bottle in my purse. This looks just right for the bottle. I can attach it to the handle of my purse and let it go inside rather than outside the purse. Thanks. Doris

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat link building[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses little-known or not-so-known avenues to produce an income online.