Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Triangle shawl, number 2

This is my second triangle shawl this month. My grandmother asked if I could make her one. She offered to buy the yarn. How could I refuse?

She bought Red Heart Light and Lofty in Cap Cod Multi.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

I started on it tonight and finished the main part of the shawl. For the life of me, I can't figure out why it seems so small. I think it is because of the yarn type...maybe. It might be because the last triangle shawl I made was 7 feet across. I'm going to add a boarder on the two sides to beef up the edges a bit. If all else fails, I'll pull it out and start again. I'm pretty sure the boarder will help.

Here it is ready for the boarder.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

one closer up:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

Done on a q hook. I'm doing the boarder on an n hook (which is what is in the picture).

No comments: