Saturday, July 14, 2007

Baby gifts for the military baby

A friend of mine recently had a baby. I decided to make her a little something. I didn't want to send her the whole light blue and yellow deal like you see in most boy baby gifts, hand made or not.

Her husband is a military man...what could I make....? Then it hit me. Camouflage baby! I doubt she'll get a gift like this.

First up, the blanket:

Red Heart Multi in camouflage, Caron pound skein in black, h hook. 6 granny squares, slst together and edged. (DC, SC, SLST)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

I decided to make a small bear for the baby. She also, has another child, a bit older. I couldn't leave him out. The smaller one is for the baby, larger for the older child.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

The bears were made form a pattern bought from Roxy Craft. The larger bear was on a f hook, the smaller on a d hook.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By yarnmonkie

When you have the bears on a blanket you can barely see them. Almost like they are camouflaged or something...

No comments: