Monday, October 8, 2007

BOOKS!!

This weekend I got a lovely surprise in the mail; a box of crochet books. Yes, I had ordered them, but I didn't think they would come so quickly. I joined one of those craft book clubs and got 4 books for 99 cents each and 1 book half off.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's what I got:

Crochet Blocks in a Box: 50 Great Designs at Your Fingertips

201 Crochet Motifs, Blocks, Patterns and Ideas

The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns

The New Granny Square

The Crochet Answer Book

I have been reading through them on and off all weekend. I actually used a pattern out of one on Sunday for a friends Halloween piece. I'm most excited about the Blocks in a Box book. That one has been on my wish list for a while now. I'm going to makes some out of there for my October square trades.

Some FO posts coming soon. I have several going at once. It's just a matter of getting them all finished and photoed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you join crafters choice? I was looking at the The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs on there. How is it?

Monkie said...

It was Crafters Choice. I got something in the mail from them, but their online catalog is much bigger than what they send you in the mail, crochet wise.

The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs is a hardback book with 351 pages and 500 different stitches. It gives a swatch of the stitch, a grid and written instructions. It's all broken down in to categories like puff stitch, shells, etc. I think it's going to be a great book when I'm looking for a special stitch.

Anonymous said...

That anon was me btw. My painfully slow internets at work will not let me post to blogger properly.

shecraftz said...

Hello, how do you get books for 99 cents? can any one do that? do the books become yours for ever? thank :)

shecraftz said...

Hello, how do you get books for 99 cents? can any one do that? do the books become yours for ever? thank :)