Saturday, May 19, 2007

more yarn. surprised?

Last night, my Father calls and asks my to crochet a piece for the back of a couch that their dog keeps sitting on. After much talk about kinds of yarn, colors of yarn and care of the yarn I tell him what he should buy. Also, that that yarn is on sale this week.

I told him to buy Red Heart Super Saver because of how well it will hold up, no matter how many dog butts are on it.

What they want:

A piece 24" to 30" wide and 8' long.
A tight stitch.
A shell stitch boarder.

Simple. Which means I can mindless stitch away while watching CNN.

They ended up buying Red Heart Super Saver Multi in Aspen Print. Not a color I would ever buy for myself, but it matches their decor. I think it will look nice when worked up. But in the skein...I'm not liking the color.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm debating on whether or not to put a bit of elastic in the ends so it will hold tight to the couch. I'll have to see how it all turns out.

No comments: