Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Record Player Cover

It seems like this month is for making covers for items that animals sit on. Our cat loves to sit on my husbands record player and watch the birds out on our lawn. He is worried that she'll scratch it up. She gets pretty excited up there, running in circles and trying to claw the window. I decided to make a cover to minimize the damage she's doing to it.

I used a bulk unknown fiber yarn. It feels like Caron Simply Soft. H hook on HDC. I did most of this using my Crochet Lite hook in the dark, just because I could. Made in one large piece, then fitted to the player.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

For the record, the cat spends a lot of time loving on those two chickens, too. I plan on making another one in a better yarn. The yarn is so soft that it slides all over the place when the cat jumps up there. One time she even slid right off the player, onto the floor. That might be the way to keep her off of it.

No comments: