Monday, September 17, 2007

Doilies are for the birds

Tonight, I decided to try my first doily. I had the pattern, I had the thread, I had the hook. What I lack is the talent and patience.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I stitched, I frogged, I stitched, I cursed. Then I came to the realization that I hate working with thread and teeny-tiny hooks. This is how far I got on it before I gave it up.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

See that thread? It's going into my next crochet round-robin box. *nods*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the warning~LOL! What you have done is BEAUTIFUL! but I'm not sure I'd have the patience either.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Monkie said...

Thanks Sandi! I don't think I'll be doing anymore threat crochet in the near future. My shoulders are *still* tense from this doily!