Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Headphone Covers

I am a headphone kind of gal. I own several pairs, mostly the in-ear type. Some for the computer, some for my iPod, some for my CD player, extras for the iPod...you get them point. Recently, I got some new jewelry and with it, I cannot wear my ear clip style headphones that I usually wear when listening to my CD player. After digging out my over the head type headphones and using them for a few days, I realized why I never use them. I don't like the feel of the foam ear covers. I find it so distracting that I spend my whole time listening messing about with the headphones trying to get comfortable.

While listening to my CD player tonight, I remembered that I had seen some headphone cozies in a recent crochet magazine. After some digging through my magazines, I found it.

The pattern is from the September/October issue of 'Crochet Today!' page 47 listed as 'Music Cozies'. I use the pattern for the small headphone cozy (pg 48), using scrap acrylic yarn.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The cord of the headphones was in the way of the cozy. What to do, what to do?! I ended up slipping on the cover and tying a piece of yarn through the cozy so it wrapped its self around the cord. I tried to get a picture but my camera is full of fail on close pictures.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hopefully you can see what I did. The whole project took about 30 minutes. That includes time hunting down the right size hook, putting the covers on and taking the pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, After trying to find a headphone cover pattern for days now, I'm delighted I found yours. Love the colors and the simplicity! Would of liked the instructions tho...Don't have the book and it's not coming up in any of my searches. I wonder if possible, you can PLEASE, List them or email me a copy? I would be sooo grateful. My son has been asking if i'd make him a pair for work as he wears his headphones, Ten hrs. A day/6 days a week...Thank You!!
Kindly,
Adalene 0 ; )